I love lasagna, but I am not a huge red sauce fan so I decided to try something new and create a lasagna with white sauce and chicken. It turned out super delicious and extra creamy and cheesy! Below is step by step directions & ingredients needed!
- 13×9″ pan
- Mixing bowls (2)
- Mixing blender
- Aluminum foil
- 1 package ( 12 pieces) of lasagna ( preferably ones you have to boil)
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 package of KRAFT mozzarella cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA ( says on package)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 packages of Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Take the 2 cups of chicken, 1 can of artichokes, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese & 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes and mix together.
- Take 2 packages of cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder and blend with mixer until well blended.
- After blended, stir in 2 tsp.. of basil into mixture
- take half the mixture and pour it in with the chicken mix
- Stir and mix the chicken mixture well with the sauce until thoroughly covered
- Take the remaining cream cheese mixture and spread on the bottom of the baking dish.
- After spreading the mixture, take 3 noodles and put down.
- on top of noodles take about 1/3 of the chicken mixture and set on top of noodles
- repeat steps 8 & 9 with another layer ( finishing up all the chicken mixture in the second layer)
- add the third layer of lasagna and then pour the rest of the cream cheese mixture and mozzarella on top
- cover with aluminum foil
- bake for 25 minutes or heated through
- sprinkle with basil leave for 5 minutes and enjoy!
You are able to create this dish the night before and refrigerate it, just make sure you leave it covered with aluminum prior!