On the weekdays I’m always in such a hurry to get to work on time and let’s be honest taking a yogurt or some string cheese isn’t always so satisfying. I make these little turkey cups sometimes use ham instead Sunday nights to have throughout the week. It’s such a quick simple recipe, which you can change up between meats and add some peppers or cilantro.
- Sliced Turkey meat ( or use ham if desired)
- Sharp Cheddar
- Muffin Pan
- Butter ( or cooking spray)
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Either spray the muffin pan with non stick spray, or dab some butter in each tin ( only do how many you decide to make)
- Grab your meat, either turkey or ham and place ONE in each muffin space ( make as many or as little as you want) So it kind of falls over the sides ( view picture)
- The amount of spaces you fill with turkey or ham, you need that exact amount of eggs
- Crack ONE egg in each meat ( see photo)
- Put some shredded cheese on top of the egg
- Place in the 400 degree oven for 13 minutes
- Take out and let it cool
Holidays are always about food and family, at work we always do pot lucks so I’m always looking for something cheap and quick to make for 30+ people. I love baking but when there is already 10 pies and tons of cookies & cupcakes we need something other then sweets ( I beg to differ though!)
Italian pasta salad is classic, so easy to make and honestly even someone who has no idea how to cook can do this (because you aren’t even really cooking!)
Ingredients (feeds 4-6 people):
- 1 1/2 boxes of Colorful Rotini Pasta
- 1 Italian Salami roll
- 1/2 pd – 1pd Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 pd-1 pd Provolone Cheese
- 1 jar Pepperoncino
- 2 Banana Peppers
- Italian Dressing
- Salt & Pepper
- Big Mixing Bowl
- Follow the directions on box of rotini and boil till soft
- while the rotini is cooking, cut up the salami, pepperoni, banana peppers, and cheeses (I prefer cute little cubes) Make sure you make them small enough and not to big!
- place the cooked rotini in the big mixing bowl
- Throw in the additional ingredients (salami, pepperoni, olives, cheese, 1/2 jar of pepperoncino and the banana peppers in the bowl.
- Mix it real good together so it’s evenly mixed
- Get out the Italian dressing and only do 1/2 cup at a time and this can be adjusted to taste. I personally only put a little on it and let people add to it if needed.
- Mix it up again, add salt and pepper if needed
- store in fridge for about an hour
- Time to eat! YUM
Easter came so quick and when it comes to Holiday’s it seems that having a copious amount of leftovers always happens. I decided to make turkey pot pie with all the left over turkey we had.. let’s just say I made 4 little pots of turkey pot pie ha!
Ingredients for 1 pot pie
- Left over turkey
- 2 cups of frozen peas & carrots
- 2 cups of green beans
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 3/4 chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Pie crusts (4)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the peas and carrots, green beans, and celery into a saucepan; cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat until the celery is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander set in the sink, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of flour, salt, black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, and Italian seasoning; slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat; stir the cooked vegetables and turkey meat into the filling until well combined.
- Fit 2 pie crusts into the bottom of 2 9-inch pie dishes. Spoon half the filling into each pie crust, then top each pie with another crust. Pinch and roll the top and bottom crusts together at the edge of each pie to seal, and cut several small slits into the top of the pies with a sharp knife to release steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. If the crusts are browning too quickly, cover the pies with aluminum foil after about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Happy Eating 🙂
I love lasagna, but I am not a huge red sauce fan so I decided to try something new and create a lasagna with white sauce and chicken. It turned out super delicious and extra creamy and cheesy! Below is step by step directions & ingredients needed!
- 13×9″ pan
- Mixing bowls (2)
- Mixing blender
- Aluminum foil
- 1 package ( 12 pieces) of lasagna ( preferably ones you have to boil)
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 package of KRAFT mozzarella cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA ( says on package)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 packages of Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Take the 2 cups of chicken, 1 can of artichokes, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese & 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes and mix together.
- Take 2 packages of cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder and blend with mixer until well blended.
- After blended, stir in 2 tsp.. of basil into mixture
- take half the mixture and pour it in with the chicken mix
- Stir and mix the chicken mixture well with the sauce until thoroughly covered
- Take the remaining cream cheese mixture and spread on the bottom of the baking dish.
- After spreading the mixture, take 3 noodles and put down.
- on top of noodles take about 1/3 of the chicken mixture and set on top of noodles
- repeat steps 8 & 9 with another layer ( finishing up all the chicken mixture in the second layer)
- add the third layer of lasagna and then pour the rest of the cream cheese mixture and mozzarella on top
- cover with aluminum foil
- bake for 25 minutes or heated through
- sprinkle with basil leave for 5 minutes and enjoy!
You are able to create this dish the night before and refrigerate it, just make sure you leave it covered with aluminum prior!